Los Angeles Car Accident Attorney
Whatever the reasons are for my superior reputation, below, I am going to discuss my important work representing victims as a Los Angeles car accident attorney. Next, I will give some tips and legal procedures to help you and your loved ones get superior results after they get in a vehicle wreck in Greater L.A.
To begin with, hundreds of thousands of people riding in motorized vehicles get into car crashes every year in the sprawling Greater Los Angeles, California area. But only the most fortunate car accident victims tend to remain unscathed and with only minor vehicle damage. But sadly, lots of folks weren't so lucky and were hurt. Whether you were in a Los Angeles car accident yesterday, or you lost a loved one in a crash last year, you will need legal help.
So the goal of Ehline Law's lawyers is to hold those who caused your wreck monetarily liable for your terrible injuries or fatal losses. But beware, if an insurance adjuster already contacted you, be sure to watch this video about insurance adjusters or read our article on how to successfully navigate the auto insurance claims process.
Our superior, aggressive attorneys have helped thousands of people in collisions like you obtain a sizeable monetary settlement or jury award. First, let's go over a few definitions to help you understand what to do next, ok?
What Exactly is a Car "Accident"?
A car accident is a crash involving an automobile versus a fixed or moving object. So, for example, these objects could be an unrepaired pothole, downed power-poles, buildings, and even pedestrians at a bus stop. But often, these objects are other motor vehicles sharing the lanes or peddle powered conveyances like scooters, and bicycles. Of particular interest, many hidden factors within a driver's control can increase the risk of an auto collision.
For example, a driver can use logic and common sense when negotiating traffic in wet weather (rain, hail, or snow), or other road hazards (objects blocking roadways, poor road maintenance, potholes, etc.). But when another motor vehicle operator fails to do so, a car accident will usually occur. And range in severity in a crash like that can range from minor to major. However, the common thing is that all motor vehicle collisions can cause injuries.
Sadly, sometimes these mishaps kill. So if you find yourself in a traffic accident, you must take care of yourself. Likewise, you must fight against the negative impact the wreck will have on your lifestyle. A significant first step in protecting your life and finances is hiring an expert car accident attorney.
Worst Chances for Accidents Are Right Here in L.A!
Los Angeles was built around the car. While this is the case, the city isn't always the friendliest to motorists. Instead, we see some of the worst traffic in the country in and around the town. The greater Los Angeles area is well known for its rage-inducing traffic jams and hours behind the wheel.
Unfortunately, Los Angeles is home to seven of the top ten most congested roads in the country.
These include the following:
- Harbor Freeway/CA-110 Northbound: Just over three miles of road is the most congested road in the country.
- Harbor Freeway/I-110 Northbound is also among the most congested in the country. Almost seven miles from W. Redondo Blvd to W. 111th Pl.
- San Diego Freeway/I-405 Northbound is the third most congested in the area. This congestion is between Santa Fe Avenue to Getty Center Drive.
- The fourth most congested road in the city is the San Gabriel River Freeway/I-605 Southbound, almost five miles long.
- The Santa Monica Freeway/I-10 Eastbound.
- The Santa Monica Freeway/I-10 Westbound is the sixth most congested road in the city.
- The I-110 Southbound stretch near 50th Street is about two and a half miles of traffic pain.
See the map below for some of the worst traffic zones in and around the city. This map shows just one portion of the potential traffic, which ebbs and flows. The natural peaks, of course, are during the morning and afternoon rush hours. Furthermore, commuters are sometimes best served by public transport or ride sharing.
Here are a few of our excellent car accident reviews written by happy past clients for whom we fought.
Motor vehicle accidents with an injury to occupants remain the number three cause of unintentional injury and death in Los Angeles. (Source, California Department of Public Health.) But these seem to be the most well-known injuries because so many people see the vehicle pileups as they drive around.
All they were doing is conducting day to day activities in their conveyances and commercial vehicles. In 2013 alone, Los Angeles County reported 54,994 car wrecks. (Read more statistics here.)
For example, take a look at the surface streets and freeways like the I-10, or I-405 during rush hour traffic. Any daily driver has seen people pulled over after a low-speed rear hit bumper impact early in the morning, or around 5:00 p.m.
Typically people are delayed because motorists slow down to look at the crash scene as the victims exchange license and proof of insurance info. In fact, this chokepoint can lead to more accidents because drivers are not paying attention to the brake lights in front of them. But it's not just the main highways where this happens.
Many more terrible T-bone and left turn wrecks to happen on surface streets near where consumers live and work. Everyone remains inconvenienced by the hazards presented by car crashes in LA. Ehline Law acts as a shield and sword to those injured, thereby helping avoid drama and mistakes in filing a valid insurance claim.
So what motor vehicles are often involved in LA roadway motoring incidents?
Passenger Cars (including commercial taxis, limousines, Uber, and Lyft).
Motorcycles and Motor Trikes (Including off-road ATV's, quad bikes and other two-wheeled vehicles).
Commercial and Light Trucks (including trash trucks, armored cars, UPS, FedEx, and other transportation vehicles).
Commercial and Non-Commercial Buses.
Car Accident Testimonials for Ehline Law Firm Personal Injury Attorneys, APLC
Below are some snippets of superior case results we have obtained for people like you.
"This guy is Gung Ho. He called me and gave me regular updates; he guided my medical recovery."
"I’m Really Glad"
"I got in my very first car accident in my life and was seriously injured. I will just say it was a very stressful time in my life."
Check Out Some of Our Car Accident Case Settlement Results Below.
Seatbelt Failure in car accident fatality case.
Car accident seatbelt failure.
Doe v. Automaker
Seatbelt failure death case.
Car versus motorcycle rider in LA. Spinal cord injuries.
Doe v. Doe
Truck Crash Case
Trucking accident settlement.
Widow v. Insurance
Improper safety barriers wrongful death.
Heir v. State of California
Death from improper safety barriers
Top Car Accident Attorney Service.
An automobile accident attorney helps injury victims get money when another party is at fault. So these experts help get victims back on track to their healthy lifestyle. They do so by seeking the proper amount of compensation. Attorney Michael Ehline, Esq has a vast record of success for winning car accident cases such as:
Voted Best Car Accident Lawyer in Los Angeles.
Lawyer Elite for Uber, Lyft, and Taxi collisions Near your Location.
Dedicated Car Accident Lawyer Guys for Accidents and Fatalities Near you.
Car Accident Lawyers Near You are ready for your call.
Top-Notch Winning Lawsuit Settlement Average.
Get an Attorney for a Car Accident Now!
What are the Benefits of hiring Ehline Law as Your Accident Attorney?
Our accident attorneys are well versed in Personal Injury Law. They have worked on and won countless cases due to specializing in how to get you the most compensation. Ehline's representatives know what you need, and they know how to get it fast.
What else makes us so different?
- For one, we are careful concerning the cases we take. We only take cases that meet a certain value threshold. So this means that we can afford to give your claims file one-on-one care. You deserve attention and personalized legal service. Excellent service is our hallmark. Because of this, we produce a constant stream of above-average results. We’re a small boutique Los Angeles firm with significant effects. But this is only part of what sets us apart.
We Focus on You!
- Post-accident, we focus solely on getting you, the victim, your due payment. We strive to keep our clients in the loop. And we listen to your concerns with great interest. Also, we offer the comfort of constant feedback following your accident.
In particular, we answer your related questions in a timely fashion by utilizing several different forms of communication (email, telephone, in-person, etc.). Not only do we care about your case’s progress, but also your progress with any physical therapy or pain management.
- As soon as you call, we will go over the different courses of action and clarify possible ways we can help. Our service includes finding you the right physician and therapist and, of course, giving you the highest quality of legal guidance. Also, our no-obligation phone consult comes free of charge. But our lawyers must understand your case.
You feeling rushed for time to avoid costs is not the way to start. So we let you heal up while we find the party who is a fault. Above all, we make sure those who breach their “social contract” of driving safely pay for your damages.
Evidence Gathering in an L.A. Car Accident Case.
- We can interview witnesses, gather photographs and measurements at the crash site — even the design of a car, the vehicle's traveling speed, and the skill of the driver all matter. Ehline Law Firm also evaluates road conditions and the surrounding environment to determine who to sue. We dig in deep and look at people’s habits and past conduct.
Every little detail plays a role in your case. So our lawyers make sure to do the proper research to make that winning argument. Also, we can prepare affidavits for you and other percipient witnesses to sign to lock-in testimony and memories. These are all essential steps our dedicated staff will take to build compelling evidence to win your case.
Great accident lawyers will work your case file and will work out a much larger payout than you could negotiate yourself. People with no lawyers receive no respect from bad insurance adjusters and will take advantage of your lack of knowledge.
Often victims try to represent themselves in the court of law because they believe they can get the most money by cutting out an attorney’s fee. However, studies prove that car accident victims with legal help get the most money. (Source).
Car Accident Law Videos.
Below is a video of Michael Ehline discussing car accident procedures.
Seeking a Skilled Car Crash Lawyer?
When hiring an attorney is an essential first step. The sooner, the better. But who to hire for your collision is simple. Ehline Law Firm specializes in motor vehicle accidents throughout California. Plus, we help with many other personal injury incidents. Our staff of attorneys work solely for the injured plaintiffs and utilize the tort law system to get victims paid.
Are Ehline Law Firm Experts in Negligence Law?
Yes, And for a good reason:
- The substantive law for all motor vehicle accident cases we help with is called “Negligence Law.” In other words, if drivers breach their duty of reasonable care and cause a crash, they are responsible for paying for your damages. Mostly, damages costs include your car repairs, bodily injuries, and other harm that impacts your day to day life.
But it goes without saying that the amount of monetary funds you win depends mainly on the attorney you hire.
Proven Track Record?
Absolutely. Established in 2005, Ehline’s trial lawyers have a proven track record of wins. Of particular interest, since opening our doors, thousands of motoring accident victims have hired us.
Also, whether it is a simple or complex case, our record speaks for itself.
Above all, we win for people from all walks of life with all types of injuries. And we have recovered millions of dollars in verdicts and settlements to back up that statement. Also, to make it easy, we offer a 24 Hour Accident Attorney Hotline to steer you in the right direction. Ehline Law Firm will put your fears to rest. So in your time of need, we can give you our professional opinion on how to succeed toll-free.
We Help Rich and Poor Alike.
Rich or poor, we are all human beings who deserve respect. We give you the respect you deserve and the peace of mind that you will be ok. We face your case with an unbiased, matter-of-fact point of view. And this is all a part of our winning formula for success. Most of all, we know that rehabilitation and rest are critical.
- For instance, we understand you may not be able to travel. So we will come to you.
- You might have missed work and be running behind on bills. That is why we are here to help.
Ehline Law Firm wants all of our clients to rise above and reclaim their lives. So, we promise to use our elan and esprit de corps to motivate depressed victims. Plus, we work to show you the light at the end of the tunnel. No matter what, our lawyers' goal is to get you paid for your bills, pain, and suffering.
What Types of Car Accident Help Do We Provide?
Ehline Law understands medicine and origin of injury investigations. For example, the National Highway Transportation Safety Administration says per year, at least two million people suffer in car wrecks. In particular, many crashes happen right here in Los Angeles County. And sadly, the injuries can range from dominant to minor.
We assist clients in getting compensation for:
- Friction Burns
- Broken or Bloodied Noses
- Hairline Fractures
- Aching Joints
- Edema and Swollen Joints
- Facet Joint Syndrome
- Open cuts and wound needing stitches
- Compound fractures. Things like broken femurs, broken ankles, or a cracked pelvis
- Slipped Disk
- Cracked ribs
- Deflated or collapsed lungs
- Cracked or fractured skulls
- Mild Traumatic and Traumatic Brain Injuries
- Missing Digits like amputation of a fingertip, nose, ear, or foot
- Fast demise or death of a close family member or loved one.
After that collision, even seemingly minor injuries can conflate into life-threatening conditions. So, for this reason, after being jostled in a traffic crash, you must get medically stabilized. You must seek professional emergency care to rule out permanent physical injuries.
As noted above, failure to get to the E.R. right away can leave your case flailing in the wind. So don't waste time.
Tips To Prevent Running Over A Child While Backing Backing Out of a Driveway.
- Rear vehicle Detection Devices: Do not depend on backup cameras or warning noises when the car or truck is backing up. These devices can be helpful to the driver, but they cannot take the place of visually walking around the vehicle. Also, look behind and use the mirrors. It is reasonably foreseeable that a child can be behind a car in certain situations. Pay close attention and keep your head on a swivel when leaving the little league and soccer practice. The same goes for backing out of parking lots in areas like schools. Pay particular attention to shopping malls where more children are typically present.
- Supervision: Children should always be supervised when they are around or near vehicles that may be moved. Even at home if one of the family may be going out, both parents need to coordinate the moving of the car concerning where the kids are on the property. Negligent supervision is also a crime in California. So for those of you who are more concerned about saving your skin, than looking after the skins of your little ones beware.
- Education: Teaching children to never play near or behind cars or pickup trucks is essential.
- Move Away: Children should be taught to move away from any vehicle that starts or as soon as they see the driver getting into the car and transfer to a safe area.
- Bicycles and Toys: Do not allow bikes or toys to be in the driveway or children to use them in the driveway. Teach them that is a danger zone and off-limits.
Alertness on the Road.
- Children and Vehicles: Always be alert to children, especially smaller children who may be near or behind a vehicle.
- Standing to the Side: When children outside always have them rise to the side of the vehicle to see them. That way drivers can view them while backing out of the driveway or parking space.
- Prior to Reverse: Before engaging the vehicle in the reverse gear, walk around the car or truck to ensure nothing is behind it. Make sure there is no child behind the car.
- Mirrors: Always use the mirrors when the vehicle is in reverse. And remember children can move in the path of the car quickly.
- Look: Always look when the vehicle is in reverse. After all, children’s movements are unpredictable.
- Blind Spots: Remember that every car, SUV, or truck has blind spots. So when backing up, especially in some models, the blind spot can be enormous.
When care is taken and precautions are used, backover accidents can be prevented. So do your duty and save children from being harmed or fatally injured. Pay attention while backing up your car.
Dashboard camera videos from countries like Russia have become increasingly popular on YouTube hit charts. Millions view videos showing snowy crashes, bad passes, and other glaring driving oddities. However, there's a good reason that dashcams are so prevalent in the former Soviet Union and beyond: they offer drivers and passengers ironclad evidence in the case of a crash.
Crashes also affect thousands of Americans each day. With these staggering statistics, there are many cases in which only substantial evidence can pinpoint the responsible party in such an accident. So this becomes especially vital if there is a severe injury or death involved in the case.
Will Digital Technology Prove Car Accidents of the Future?
Digital technology allowing for smaller, more efficient, and cheaper cameras have gained significant traction in the United States and Canada over the last five years. Consider that civil cases do not need evidence beyond a shadow of a doubt. Due to this, settlements and judgment can be achieved when one party has been determined to have been in majority fault for the accident. The bar of convincing a jury is much lower with videotaped or digitally recorded evidence. Furthermore, it is not uncommon seeing visual evidence, such as an onboard dashcam that captures the whole incident giving one side an iron-clad advantage.
Hundreds of videos are now swarming YouTube of American drivers having an extra layer of unofficial insurance when they drive. Now there is no denying fault in certain crashes, as the audio and video clears up any misconceptions.
Dashcams Replacing Courts of Law?
Having a dashcam is a surefire way to prevent having to file a court case and keep you protected if you get sued in a tort action. As an example, a camera could show the other driver was being reckless, and maybe eating and driving, or chatting on a smartphone. That could explain any distractions and why the other driver hit you. For more information about the legal ramifications of such incidents, reach out to professional legal experts. So this would be a significant reduction in our already taxed Los Angeles Court System for one.
One of the questions people often have after a local car accident is when to make a claim. To make a claim or not, that is the question. So this is an excellent question that deserves a detailed answer. For starters, car crash insurance claims against your insurer in particular for uninsured or underinsured motorist claims can be a challenge. They should only become made when you think you can prove the case and have the correct insurance coverage.
Sometimes you will know if you're covered; other times, you won't. An attorney can usually quickly decipher your UM/UIM, comp, collision, and other coverages. Of course, sometimes, you won't know if the guy who hit you had insurance. So you must get your hands on the traffic collision investigation report. And this gets issued by the CHP or local law enforcement that came to the scene.
Other times, someone needs to track down the owner of the other vehicle that hit and ran to see if he or she had a policy in effect when you got slammed and left for dead. These terms and conditions found in your declarations of coverages and exclusions. They will determine what does and does not kick many coverages into existence.
There has to have been an actual accident. Because making a false claim with your own or a third party's insurance carrier is punishable as a criminal offense by law. If you're found guilty of the offense (See, e.g., Penal Code Section 548-551 et seq.)
Danger - Be Careful What You Say To Any Insurance Company.
Most people don’t ever need to become concerned with this situation. They usually know they should only make honest statements to the insurer. After a collision, the crash should get reported to the police. Then as soon as possible, contact the insurer to report your crash.
This will begin the insurance liability claims acceptance or denial process. The insurer’s adjuster will investigate the crash to determine the at-fault party. Then decide what the settlement should be worth.
What Is The High Deductible Consideration?
The other thing that needs consideration when making a claim with your carrier for property damage, for example, is your deductible. Sometimes the damage to the vehicle costs less than your deductible. In this situation, the vehicle owner decides whether or not to report the crash to their insurer, or fix the damages themselves.
This is why many people who crashed in wrecks try and get the at-fault person's insurer to pay and wait for the check. The other factor in deciding to use your own comprehensive or collision coverages, or having the additional party pay, is whether the person hit wants to go through the process.
Also, you may never know what to do after getting all these estimates.
The Infamous "Non-Claim Discount" Consideration.
Another reason why individuals often do not file a claim with the insurer for small damages is due to a Non-Claim Discount ("NCD"). This discount is when the insurer rewards the policyholder. This discount will apply when they go for an extended amount of time without reporting any accidents.
That means in the event of a crash with damages less or about the same amount as the policy deductible, it could be better not to report the car crash. That way, you can keep lower policy premiums.
Other Considerations To Make Before Making A Claim Against Your Insco.
If the person does report the more costly crash and the insurer will not negotiate a fair settlement. Then a claim may go to court. In this situation, the jury may determine the settlement amount the insurer is responsible for paying the claimant. Doing something like this should be mulled over well.
Get a handle on what the damages are and whether the repair costs will be over the deductible amount. Then use this as a deciding factor when claiming against your insurer.
Were You Or A Loved One Hurt During A Car Crash in Los Angeles?
We hope you learned more about Los Angeles car crashes, our superior results, and service. Call for a FREE Case Consultation and learn more about our No Win - No Fee promise at (213) 596-9642 now and learn about protecting your important rights to financial recovery after collision.